Friday, September 14, 2007

Keep On Keeping On...

Wednesday night I went swimming. I started with 20 minutes of water aerobics and then I launched into laps. I am staying at a friend's house in the Palisades; they have a good sized pool along with a jacuzzi. Sitting under the stars in the jacuzzi after my swim was really relaxing.

Yesterday I did the Sand Dunes again. I went with my friends Linda and Chad. First we do the stairs adjacent to the Dunes. Then we walk down to the beach and have to walk a good incline back. We go back down the stairs after we return from the beach walk. After the stairs we do the Dune. The Dune is really hard to do. I don't even look up. I only look in front of me. If I looked up I'd be overwhelmed by the distance that I have to cover. Once you get to the top of Dunes, you really feel that you've accomplished something. I don't think that any of this would be possible without the use of an ipod. I need a soundtrack to motivate me and I have one playing in my ear the whole time.

4 comments:

dreamersball said...

Swimming is the best sport for me; it works all the muscles!
When I'm jogging my music keeps me motivated. You have no idea how many times I've heard " Do the D-A-N-C-E 1,2,3,4,5" (D.A.N.C.E by Justice) Such a good jogging song!

Tamale624 said...

Awesome Awesome Deanna. If the Dunes are tougher than thePalisades, I must gi try them but only after a month of weekly hikes. Music would definitely motivate and move the body forward (like, "CCHHAARRGGEE!"). Swimming is tranquil but I get a good relaxing work out when I do the water aerobics class. I'd like to heat what tunes help you "Keep On...etc. " Kaci, I hear that Justice song on 103.1 all the time and the riff in that song sonds like a blast from way past. There is a greatest hit album by a band called "Chic" (from the late 70's or early 80's). It's disco, I know, but listen to the beat and the orchestrated portions on the songs "Dance, Dance Dance" (hmm...), "Good Times", and "Le Freak". Still good...but nothing makes me want to get up and dance like "One Nation Under a groove" by that silly but great band, Funkadelic.

DeeLight said...

Some of the songs pump me up to do more, and some calm my nerves. Some of the activities that I have been engaged in are new for me, and somethimes I get really nervous. Neil Young's "Razor Love" is a long song, it's very relaxing and it helps me stay calm when I'm doing exercise that are of my comfort zone.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was with you in that pool under the stars, doing laps. I'd brave Louis the Parrot's incessant "It's a girl" and "Is that good?" talk for that.