Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Pacific Palisades hike 9/3/07


That hike in the Palisades was not as nice as I last remembered it before. I don't think I have had so much dirt in my socks and that was definitely the hottest, most stifling atmosphere I've hiked in a long time. My knees are feeling their age today, but I think everyone did well, though. Even the kids at the back complained more of the flies than of the heat and hike. I stayed at a regular pace and cherished every log or rock stop. I was wondering exactly how long that Temescal trail is, so I looked it up. The website reported 5 miles for that particular trail (you can double check) and a peak at 1000 feet. I think I would like to try it again in cooler weather. The green tea helped. Here is a small photo of the group. Tonight is my 37th Pilate session. I will ask for some mercy from my trainer. We'll see.

4 comments:

Barbiq said...

Hooray for you Rosanna! One day in the not so distant future, I will "contemplate" joining you guys. (hee-hee) My lil' big ones said they had a good time...and yes they were tired and DIRTY. But
sometimes staying healthy is a dirty business. lol

DeeLight said...

The last time that I did the hike (prior to this past Monday) the weather was just perfect. After the hike on Monday I had a massive migraine. The heat was just too much. I plan on going towards the end of September again. I'll let you know.

dreamersball said...

The heat made the hike a little much. But the company was great!

dreamersball said...

I have a new post up on my blog, check it out:)