Thursday, September 20, 2007

Measuring up

It's been about 6 weeks since I started exercising again. When I started out, I measured my arms, my thighs, my waist, my hips and my calves. I've been lifting weights and doing various types of cardio --- swimming, running, and ballet. So far, I've lost 3.5 pounds and it's all probably water. While that might seem discouraging, I decided to measure myself and see if there was a difference. The difference was amazing. I lost about an inch on my arms and a 1/2 inch everywhere else. I can see the improved muscle tone in my arms, so I knew that regardless of the weight number, I was improving my body.

3 comments:

Tamale624 said...

That is great! You are sounding more fit than ever and you didn't even notice until you took out the tape measure. Have friends noticed or commented on any changes? Hmmm, I know I measured myself a few weeks back and I haven't seen the scale change at all. I am going to try the same thing and see if there is any difference.

Anonymous said...

No, no comments from others yet. I can see the difference in my waist and the definition in my arms when we do arm work in my ballet class.

DeeLight said...

That's great Shake 'n Bake!