Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Father Knows Best...

He'll never hear it from me, but my dad was actually right about me weighing myself on a regular basis. I got on the scale Monday evening, I was terrified to see the numbers. When I looked down I realized that I have lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks. I called my doctor's office, I was there 3 weeks ago for an appointment, to see what my weight had been and sure enough, I had lost 4 lbs. It was really encouraging. I'm not going to tell my dad he was right about weighing myself because I dont' want to hear it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Shake 'n Bake, I heard that weighing yourself on a regular basis is a good thing when you start exercising. The rapid weight loss most of us experience at the beginning is due to water loss. The explanation for that is once you start burning more calories than you take in, your body gets the extra calories it needs from your muscle first and burning up muscle releases water. It take about 1-3 months of building muscle and raising your metabolism on a regular basis to turn your body into a fat burning machine. I think you're pretty much there already, Shake 'n Bake!