Sunday, August 19, 2007

Melting as I read

You guys are doing great. Very original ideas for keeping yourselves motivated and active physically. I am really inspired by the exercise efforts and plans during this sticky-wave of humidity and mild heat. I could barely stay awake during the day. Now it is going to be a new week of exercise planning. I will have my planned two weekly sessions (can't afford more than that), but since your examples inspire me to try to be more creative , I am going to add something new and different...?...Maybe I will try a few TV work outs. I love watching my favorite TV jock GILAD on Fit TV cable. His workouts are great, he looks incredible and the background is a wonderful inspiration for visiting Hawaii. Yes, any excuse to watch that guy and the scenery. Let's see if I can at least get one TV workout done too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did someone say GILAD? I used to do his TV workouts when they were broadcast on public tv back in the 80s. He's still going strong and looking great. I like his workouts because they give you a lot of bang for your buck --- toning, cardio, stretching, all in about 28 minutes with beautiful Hawaii in the background. His workout videos are great too. I highly recommend "Gilad in Jerusalem" if you really want your butt kicked (in a good way).

DeeLight said...

My Mom used to work out to Gilad when I was a kid. I would try and do it too; sometimes my Grandmother would be in the background swinging her arms around as well. Gilad brings people together.

Tamale624 said...

Yes, Gilad has been around a long time. I think he had a part as an fitness instructor in an 80's movie with Bette Midler and Danny DeVito (can't remember the name of the movie). I think he's basic and old school, but has great 30 and 60-minute workouts with little equipment and makes funny comments. He is a great model of how healthy a 50-something (??) can be. Sometimes I see a grey-haired man exercising in the background of some of the older videos they rebroadcast. Talk about fit senior citizens!

Anonymous said...

In the workout video "Gilad in Jerusalem," Gilad's mother is there doing the low impact workout. When she misses the choreography and moves in the opposite direction as Gilad and the rest of the group, Gilad gently scolds her and says "Mommy, where are you going?!!" I think his sister appears in the video too; she's the one with the Angelina Jolie body. (I love a man who still calls his mother "Mommy")